Turn your vision into reality
Exceptional attention to detail. Award winning design.
Attentive service. Over half-a-century of experience.
OakWood’s Design & Build service starts with your vision for a dream renovation and leads you through a customized concept design, planning, and material selection process like no other.
Recommended if you are planning an upscale, mid-to-large size renovation that requires greater attention to detail, in-depth design consultation, and a high level of customization to ensure your renovation makes a personal statement.
Or you simply want a highly personalized renovation experience from Ottawa’s only Holmes approved renovator.
Book a Complimentary No Obligation Consultation
Everything about our Design & Build service is customized to your specific needs. Let’s get started with a call. Or schedule a complimentary, no obligation consultation with one of our Design & Build consultants now.
See your dream renovation in vivid 3D
before we lift a hammer
The heart and soul of OakWood’s Design & Build service is life-like 3D drawings of your planned renovation. So realistic you’ll think your renovation is already finished! Includes optional helicopter flyovers and walk-throughs.
See the process at a glance above.
The OakWood Approach
You get a turnkey, worry-free renovation from the most experienced Renovation Experts in the city. When we say built right and on-budget we mean it. And we have the track record, client references, and customized processes to back up our promises.
Here’s what to expect.
Our 3D concept service starts with your vision and leads you through a comprehensive and exhilarating design process.
- Feasibility study and an onsite inspection to take exact measurements
- Brainstorming and idea sharing with our certified Design Consultants
- Detailed floor plan layout for the scope of work
- Material finish styles for your renovation
- Design plan review by an experienced licenced Carpenter to ensure good building practices
- 3D drawings with 360-degree views of your renovation
- A comprehensive fixed price proposal
Every detail of your renovation is documented in our industry leading BuildPLAN™. This comprehensive document leaves nothing to chance and is complete guide and a renovation roadmap:
- Final scope of work with room-by-room details of your renovation including all finishes
- Architectural requirements
- All design elements and material selection decisions
- Construction & scheduling
- Field project management
- City permits & inspections
- Timelines, milestones, and a payment structure
Time tested production processes backed by construction specific technologies and a dedicated Project Manager ensure your project stays on track with no surprises.
- Meeting once a week with our Project Manager
- One point of contact once your project begins
- Schedules are updated every day using advanced CRM cloud-based systems
- Secure access to our customer portal which gives you 24/7, real-time access to all project details
- Qualified in-house experts to support each step including Project Consultants, Architectural Technologists, Interior Designers, Schedulers, and Quantity Surveyors
- The best licensed trade professionals in the City
Quality work. On budget.
You don’t pay a penny more than we quote.
“Oakwood worked with us, listening to our ideas and delivered a fantastic design.”
Atul & Richa Aggarwal
“We get many compliments on the addition and especially the very unique double vaulted ceiling in the family room!”
Mike Lee and Susan Allenby
“… I cannot speak too highly of Oakwood. I have passed on your name to numbers of friends who are contemplating renovations in the year.”
Visit our new Loft Showroom & Design Centre
Located on the second floor (above Randall’s) at 555 Bank Street
Our Showroom combines OakWood’s design expertise with handcrafted furniture from Randall’s, custom cabinets, and state-of-the-art appliances.
See vignettes for every room in the house and four exquisite kitchen displays by OakWood. Hands down the fastest way to get inspired and jumpstart your renovation!
Trust Ottawa’s most established full service
Design & Build Renovator
Our new Design Centre will open in Spring 2016.
OakWood’s new corporate headquarters and design centre at 865 Taylor Creek Drive is projected to achieved one of the highest LEED certifications in Canada and is home to our talented team of designers and project managers.
OakWood is Ottawa’s largest and most established Renovator.
A fourth-generation family run business, we have been proudly helping Ottawa homeowners transform their homes into inspirational yet functional living spaces since 1956.
Canada’s only Mike Holmes approved Renovator.
Winner of two BBB Torch Awards for Marketplace Trust and an A+ Rating with no complaints since 1956.
Voted Ottawa’s Best Home Designer and Renovation company every year since 2008.
Fixed-price with no surprises.
OakWood offers a full suite of home improvement services.
Which service is best for you?
“What it comes down to is trust.
I trust OakWood because they deliver.
They get it right.”
If you are looking for award winning design, exemplary project management, and a unique renovation that is planned right and flawlessly built, you need to look no further than OakWood’s Design + Build service.
Let’s talk about your home renovation vision today.
An OakWood Design & Build consultant will contact you within 2-working days to discuss your project and schedule an onsite meeting.