Turn your vision into reality
Exceptional attention to detail. Award winning design. Attentive service. Over half-a-century of experience.
Design and material selection from any quality manufacturer in the World through our unique Design Centre
OakWood’s Renovation Experts, our flagship Design & Build service, starts with your vision for a dream renovation and leads you through a customized 3D concept design, planning, and material selection process like no other.
Recommended if you are planning a simple quality renovation with an appreciation for “value for money”
Or, you are planning an upscale, mid-to-large size renovation that requires greater attention to detail, in-depth design consultation, and a high level of customization to ensure your renovation makes a personal statement.
Or you simply want a highly personalized renovation experience from Ottawa’s only Holmes approved renovator.
Book a Complimentary No Obligation Consultation
Everything about our Renovation Experts service is customized to your specific needs. Let’s get started with a call. Or schedule a complimentary, no obligation consultation with one of our Project Consultants now.
See your dream renovation in vivid 3D
before we lift a hammer
The heart and soul of OakWood’s Design & Build service is life-like 3D drawings of your planned renovation and material selection from any manufacturer in the world at the new, state-of-the-art OakWood Design Centre. Once you select your materials and share your design vision, a certified OakWood Design Consultant will show you exactly what your renovation will look like based on your space and the confirmed budget.
See the process at a glance above.
The OakWood Approach
You get a turnkey, worry-free renovation from the most experienced Renovation Experts in the city. When we say built right and on-budget we mean it. And we have the track record, client references, and customized processes to back up our promises.
Here’s what to expect.
Our 3D concept service starts with your vision and leads you through a comprehensive and exhilarating design process at the new OakWood Design Centre.
- Feasibility study and an onsite inspection to take exact measurements
- Access to the OakWood Design Centre – over 22,700 sq. ft. filled with inspiring displays and the largest selection of renovation products under one roof in the City
- Brainstorming and idea sharing with our certified Design Consultants
- Detailed floor plan layout for the scope of work
- Material selection with the flexibility to choose quality materials from any manufacturer
- Design plan review by an experienced team of professionals to ensure good building practices
- 3D drawings with 360-degree views that incorporate your material decisions into a photo realistic rendering of your renovation
Every detail of your renovation is documented in our industry leading BuildPLAN™. This comprehensive documentation leaves nothing to chance and is a complete guide and a renovation roadmap.
- Final scope of work with room-by-room details of your renovation including all finishes
- Architectural requirements
- All design elements and material selection decisions
- Construction & scheduling
- Field project management
- City permits & inspections
- Timelines, milestones, and a payment structure
- A comprehensive fixed price proposal
Time tested production processes backed by construction specific technologies and a dedicated Project Manager ensure your project stays on track with no surprises.
- Meeting once a week with our Project Manager
- One point of contact once your project begins
- Schedules are updated every day using advanced CRM cloud-based systems
- Secure access to our client portal which gives you 24/7, real-time access to all project details
- Qualified in-house experts to support each step including Project Consultants, Architectural Technologists, Interior Designers, Schedulers, and Quantity Surveyors
- The best certified trade professionals in the City
Quality work. On budget.
You don’t pay a penny more than we quote.
“Oakwood worked with us, listening to our ideas and delivered a fantastic design.”
Atul & Richa Aggarwal
“We get many compliments on the addition and especially the very unique double vaulted ceiling in the family room!”
Mike Lee and Susan Allenby
“… I cannot speak too highly of Oakwood. I have passed on your name to numbers of friends who are contemplating renovations in the year.”
Introducing the new OakWood Design Centre
A Dazzling Showcase of Possibilities to Fuel Your Renovation Dreams
The new OakWood Design Centre, located at 865 Taylor Creek Drive, provides the most inspiring and innovative ideas in the City for planning any renovation – kitchen, bathroom, addition, basement, full-home renovation or anything else you have in mind. There’s nothing like it in Ottawa – or North America.
This unique, world-class, LEED Platinum facility uniquely supports OakWood Renovation Experts by enabling you to do everything from initial planning and concept design through to 100% of your material selection process, all under one roof.
OakWood is Ottawa’s largest and most established Renovator.
A fourth-generation family run business, we have been proudly helping Ottawa homeowners transform their homes into inspirational yet functional living spaces since 1956.
Canada’s only Mike Holmes approved Renovator.
Voted Ottawa’s Best Home Designer and Renovation company every year since 2008.
Fixed-price with no surprises.
OakWood specializes in “high-performance” renovations, custom homes and buildings that are beautifully designed, energy-efficient, healthy, technology-enabled – and eco-friendly.
Call 613.236.8001 to learn more
“What it comes down to is trust.
I trust OakWood because they deliver.
They get it right.”
If you are looking for award winning design, exemplary project management, and a unique renovation that is planned right and flawlessly built, you need to look no further than OakWood’s Renovation Experts service.
Let’s talk about your home renovation vision today.
An OakWood’s Project Consultant will contact you within 2-working days to discuss your project and schedule an onsite meeting.